Dreamcatcher develops and arranges fully assisted travel itineraries and tours for individuals, families, self-drive and small groups who wish to turn a “usual” trip into an unusual adventure around the country, then follows them back home to be recounted again and again. Having spent years working in communities and travelling around South Africa, we know the country inside out.
As far as we can ascertain, our founder is the only person to have served simultaneously on a local, regional, provincial and national tourism board in South Africa. So elected by the people of South Africa, Anthea lobbied tirelessly to expand the “Cookie cutter” tour of South Africa, to expose what South Africa is truly like and to include people based experiences into the tours. When her term was completed, she choose to change the status quo to tackle the task of re-designing routes: changing a “Sight see” tour into a “Life see experience” in South Africa.
Dreamcatcher has therefore been instrumental in pioneering new routes and including those overlooked: Route 62, Greater Garden Route, Karoo, Cederberg, Tankwa, Amathole, Namaqua, new Drakensberg regions, a Sojourn in Soweto (don’t confuse this with a bus window, whistle stop tour of Soweto); and a real Taste of Reality on 4 tours of the Greater Wine lands, covering over 900 kilometers and straddling 15 meso-climates. You also want to meet the Kamammas on these routes? It’s possible!
So what does Dreamcatcher offer and what can one expect when Dreamcatcher arranges complete family, guided group -or self drive holidays in South Africa?
- To travel where the locals go and discover a South Africa they never new existed, while still visiting the usual “known tourist” destinations. It is what we call: Changing Lanes.
- Have fun, laugh, relax -and interact locally. This in essence is the richness and beauty of intra personal connection in local encounters across the land. You will not wonder what the people are like but rather become one of the them– yet be treated with respect and dignity and given the chance to share your own.
- To be guided, driven or introduced to this true South Africa by friendly and welcoming hosts, local guides and services in each region. They know their town and region and their income stimulates local economies.
- Expect diverse, stunning landscapes, vistas, mammals and creatures great and small as you make your way across the land and not boxed into one game area.
- Stay over in a wide range of accommodation, which is more than a bed, a shower or a key on a counter. Say goodbye to the same type of accommodation you stayed in the night(s) before. Our hand picked accommodation is part and parcel of the unique experience as are the welcomes from your hosts who run them.
Herewith examples of some holidays we have arranged. Many more are possible. We relish unfolding your dream trip. If this is for you – contact us today. Welcome 🙂